Wind Energy Course for Complete Beginners
Learn the Fundamentals of Wind Energy Systems With Step By Step Examples Without Any Previous Knowledge
"Complete 2022 Wind Energy Course for Electrical Engineering"
The only course out there with everything you need to know everything about Wind Energy from A to Z
Throughout the course you will learn:
- Types of wind turbines.
- Rotor solidity and selection of the number of rotor blades.
- Gearbox in wind turbines.
- The power extracted by the turbine from the wind.
- Betz limit and maximum rotor efficiency.
- Factors affecting wind speed and density.
- Applied force on the wind turbine, torque coefficient, and the importance of the TSR.
- Wind turbine generator characteristics.
- Effect of the rotor diameter and generator size on power.
- Wind turbines spacing.
- Wind farm feasibility study.
- Weibull and Rayleigh probability density functions.
- Determination of Weibull parameters.
- Determination of Weibull parameters using the graphical method.
- Aerodynamics of wind turbines.
- Pitch-controlled wind turbines.
- Passive stall controlled wind turbines.
- Active stall controlled wind turbines.
- Maximum power point tracking in wind turbines.
- Tip speed ratio (TSR) control.
- Optimal torque control (OT) MPPT algorithm.
- Power signal feedback (PSF) control.
- Perturbation and observation (P&O) or hill-climb searching (HCS).
- Electricity generation using wind turbines.
- Permanent magnet synchronous generator (PMSG).
- Wound rotor synchronous generator (WRSG).
- Doubly-fed induction generator (DFIG).
- Brushless permanent magnet DC generator (PMDC).
- Squirrel-cage induction generator.
- Wound rotor induction generator.
- Tubular steel wind turbine tower.
- Lattice wind turbine tower.
- Concrete wind turbine tower.
- Hybrid wind turbine tower.
- Brakes in the wind turbine.
- Rotor brakes in the wind turbine.
- Pitch drive or aerodynamic brakes in the wind turbine.
- Simulation of a wind turbine system using the ETAP program.
- MATLAB simulation of the wind turbine.
- Cp plotting and lookup table in MATLAB.
- MPPT in MATLAB Simulink.
After Taking This Course, You Will Be Able To
- Understand everything about wind energy systems such as the basic components, factors affecting the wind generation, the different probability distribution functions used to represent wind data, and wind feasibility study.
- Understand different types of control systems used in the wind turbine and the different types of electrical generators utilized.
- You will be able to simulate the wind turbine system in both ETAP and MATLAB programs.
If you've been looking for ONE COURSE with in-depth insight into Wind Energy, take this course.
StartIntroduction to Wind Energy Course (20:10)
StartSelection of Type of Wind Turbine (16:42)
StartRotor Solidity and Selection of Number of Rotor Blades (19:18)
StartGearbox in Wind Turbines (6:01)
StartPower Available in the Wind Spectra (9:22)
StartPower Extracted by the Wind Turbine (9:56)
StartBetz Limit and Maximum Rotor Efficiency (11:52)
StartFactors Affecting Wind Speed and Density - Height of Tower (19:27)
StartFactors Affecting Air Density (7:55)
StartExample 1 (7:13)
StartExample 2 (5:24)
StartApplied Force on Wind Turbine, Torque Coefficient and the Importance of the TSR (16:07)
StartExample 3 (5:10)
StartWind Turbine Generator Characteristics (10:13)
StartExample 4 (11:40)
StartEffect of Rotor Diameter and Generator Size on Power (5:38)
StartWind Turbines Spacing (3:55)
StartWind Farm Feasibility Study (17:04)
StartImportant Statistical Definitions (6:35)
StartExample 5 (4:15)
StartExample 6 (6:00)
StartMethod of Bins (9:29)
StartWeibull and Rayleigh Probability Density Functions (18:32)
StartDetermination of Weibull Parameters (9:58)
StartImportant Note on Weibull Distribution (7:17)
StartExample 7 (16:05)
StartDetermination of Weibull Parameters Using Graphical Method (8:06)
StartExample 8 (13:21)
StartExample 9 (7:40)
StartQuick Note on Weibull Example (3:30)
Get started now!
You will also be rewarded with a certificate of completion after completing the course
I am Ahmed Mahdy an electrical power engineer, I have been an instructor for more than 5 years in electrical engineering, I have helped more than 50,000 students from more than 170 countries achieving their career success with my simple and easy courses.
I have a YouTube educational engineering channel called" Khadija Academy", I regularly post videos related to electrical engineering there.
I am also an author on Amazon Kindle having 6 books about YouTube and electrical engineering.
My Youtube channel:
Question or query, help is at hand. Contact Khadija Academy customer services from here:
Gmail: [email protected]