"Complete Wind Energy Course for Electrical Engineering"
The only course out there with everything you need to know everything about Wind Energy from A to Z
Throughout the course you will learn:
- Types of wind turbines.
- Rotor solidity and selection of the number of rotor blades.
- Gearbox in wind turbines.
- The power extracted by the turbine from the wind.
- Betz limit and maximum rotor efficiency.
- Factors affecting wind speed and density.
- Applied force on the wind turbine, torque coefficient, and the importance of the TSR.
- Wind turbine generator characteristics.
- Effect of the rotor diameter and generator size on power.
- Wind turbines spacing.
- Wind farm feasibility study.
- Weibull and Rayleigh probability density functions.
- Determination of Weibull parameters.
- Determination of Weibull parameters using the graphical method.
- Aerodynamics of wind turbines.
- Pitch-controlled wind turbines.
- Passive stall controlled wind turbines.
- Active stall controlled wind turbines.
- Maximum power point tracking in wind turbines.
- Tip speed ratio (TSR) control.
- Optimal torque control (OT) MPPT algorithm.
- Power signal feedback (PSF) control.
- Perturbation and observation (P&O) or hill-climb searching (HCS).
- Electricity generation using wind turbines.
- Permanent magnet synchronous generator (PMSG).
- Wound rotor synchronous generator (WRSG).
- Doubly-fed induction generator (DFIG).
- Brushless permanent magnet DC generator (PMDC).
- Squirrel-cage induction generator.
- Wound rotor induction generator.
- Tubular steel wind turbine tower.
- Lattice wind turbine tower.
- Concrete wind turbine tower.
- Hybrid wind turbine tower.
- Brakes in the wind turbine.
- Rotor brakes in the wind turbine.
- Pitch drive or aerodynamic brakes in the wind turbine.
- Simulation of a wind turbine system using the ETAP program.
- MATLAB simulation of the wind turbine.
- Cp plotting and lookup table in MATLAB.
- MPPT in MATLAB Simulink.
After Taking This Course, You Will Be Able To
- Understand everything about wind energy systems such as the basic components, factors affecting the wind generation, the different probability distribution functions used to represent wind data, and wind feasibility study.
- Understand different types of control systems used in the wind turbine and the different types of electrical generators utilized.
- You will be able to simulate the wind turbine system in both ETAP and MATLAB programs.
If you've been looking for ONE COURSE with in-depth insight into Wind Energy, take this course.
PreviewIntroduction to Wind Energy Course (20:10)
PreviewSelection of Type of Wind Turbine (16:42)
StartRotor Solidity and Selection of Number of Rotor Blades (19:18)
StartGearbox in Wind Turbines (6:01)
StartPower Available in the Wind Spectra (9:22)
StartPower Extracted by the Wind Turbine (9:56)
StartBetz Limit and Maximum Rotor Efficiency (11:52)
StartFactors Affecting Wind Speed and Density - Height of Tower (19:27)
StartFactors Affecting Air Density (7:55)
StartExample 1 (7:13)
StartExample 2 (5:24)
StartApplied Force on Wind Turbine, Torque Coefficient and the Importance of the TSR (16:07)
StartExample 3 (5:10)
StartWind Turbine Generator Characteristics (10:13)
StartExample 4 (11:40)
StartEffect of Rotor Diameter and Generator Size on Power (5:38)
StartWind Turbines Spacing (3:55)
StartWind Farm Feasibility Study (17:04)
StartImportant Statistical Definitions (6:35)
StartExample 5 (4:15)
StartExample 6 (6:00)
StartMethod of Bins (9:29)
StartWeibull and Rayleigh Probability Density Functions (18:32)
StartDetermination of Weibull Parameters (9:58)
StartImportant Note on Weibull Distribution (7:17)
StartExample 7 (16:05)
StartDetermination of Weibull Parameters Using Graphical Method (8:06)
StartExample 8 (13:21)
StartExample 9 (7:40)
StartQuick Note on Weibull Example (3:30)
Get started now!
You will also be rewarded with a certificate of completion after completing the course
I am Ahmed Mahdy an electrical power engineer, I have been an instructor for more than 5 years in electrical engineering, I have helped more than 50,000 students from more than 170 countries achieving their career success with my simple and easy courses.
I have a YouTube educational engineering channel called" Khadija Academy", I regularly post videos related to electrical engineering there.
I am also an author on Amazon Kindle having 6 books about YouTube and electrical engineering.
My Youtube channel:
Question or query, help is at hand. Contact Khadija Academy customer services from here:
Gmail: [email protected]